sexta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2013

A BUDDHIST PRAYER - Class of Thursday, February 7.



Class of Thursday, February 7, 2013


We worked on the verbs TO BE and TO DO.

The class was a very productive and fun one.

It was a lesson with a Zen Buddhist inspiration.

I post here the prayer of Kalu Rinpoche, Tibetan Buddhist master that inspires me a lot:





"The Eight Aspirations of a Great Being"
Kalu Rinpoche



[1] By the power of truth and goodness of the supreme refuges,



And by virtuous deeds and pure motivation,

May I, with all my heart, strive to remove

The myriad of sufferings of the beings that fill the space.







[2] For the excellence of virtuous activities



Of this world and the hereafter,

May I, according to the needs of each,

Meet the hopes and aspirations of all beings.


[3] May my body, flesh and blood,



All that I am made of,

Contribute in the most appropriate way

For the welfare of all sentient beings.



[4] May the suffering of all beings,



My previous mothers,

Dissolve in me,

And may all have my joys and virtues.







[5] While this world lasts,



May I never have,

Not even for an instant,

An evil thought before others.






[6] May I always strive with energy



For the welfare of  all beings,

Without relaxing my efforts

In times of sadness, exhaustion and other obstacles.





[7] For those who are hungry or thirsty,



For the poor and needy,

May I give them on course

The abundance they desire.



[8] May I always support the heavy burden



Of the terrible suffering of beings

Of hells and other kingdoms,
And may all of them be free.

Amen.















































Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário